I want to challenge you to read through the Bible in this new year.
Why? Top 10 reasons:
1. It will give you clarity and direction during the year. The Bible will light your path.
2. It will give you power to overcome sin.
3. Reading the Bible will give you freedom from hurts, habits & hang-ups. The Truth sets us free!
4. It will lead you to success. Joshua 1:8 “This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.”
5. It will lead you to salvation.
6. It will show you how to live God's way.
7. You will read every verse in the Bible at least once.
8. You get a clearer sense of God's big story - the way He chose to record it for history.
9. Regular Bible reading is a good spiritual habit.
10. Having a "read through the Bible plan" gives structure to your Bible reading.
Web sites with read through the Bible plans:
Each site gives you options of Bible versions, reading chronologically, mobile version, and audio options.
I will read through the Bible again this year for the 31st time!
Here is what helps me:
>A consistent time and place to read each day.
>The readings grouped together so I am reading page to page instead of searching through the Bible.
>Just skipping and getting current if I get too far behind.
>The Holy Spirit.
Join me reading the Bible this year and see what happens to you because of God's Word!