5. After the birth of a baby (28%)
4. After a natural disaster (34%)
3. After a major national crisis, i.e. 9/11 (38%)
2. During the Easter season (38%)
1. During the Christmas season (47%)!
Did you know that the Top 3 ways* Americans are willing to receive information about a local church are:
3. Ad in the newspaper (48%)
2. Personal invite from a FRIEND or NEIGHBOR (56%)
1. Personal invite from a FAMILY MEMBER (63%)!
* all stats courtesy of LifeWay Research
Our experience at River of Life has shown the research true. People without a home church are likely to come if invited. Why do we want them to come, really? The small parking lot will be crowded, our limited sanctuary space will overflow, and the children will pack out their area. So, why invite?
Because people matter to God and because people matter to God, they matter to us.
Luke 19:10 "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.”
We absolutely believe that Jesus was telling the truth when He said His way is not heavy, but light. His way is filled with joy and peace. His way is the only way. At River of Life, we want people to experience the full life with Jesus right now as well as forever.
That is where 4-4-4 prayer comes in.
§ Pray for 4 neighbors, 4 minutes a day for 4 weeks.
The 4 neighbors are those without a home church you will invite to Easter Service. The 4 minute prayer can include asking the Holy Spirit to prepare your neighbor and present the right opportunity for you to invite them.
Prayer is preparing me, as well as preparing the church for the spiritual work for God’s kingdom.
Let me know how the Holy Spirit is using you through 4-4-4 prayer by commenting below.