- Losing weight/Exercise more
- Quit smoking
- Spending more time with friends/family
Most people do not consider getting closer God in the coming year as a resolution or a goal. George Barna conducted a study in 2011 on New Year’s resolutions and found that almost two-thirds of Americans make a resolution. Only nine out of more than 1000 survey respondents mentioned that one of their objectives for the coming year was getting closer to God in some way.
What if your number one New Year’s resolution was to get closer to God?
What if your top resolutions were:
- Hearing God more clearly this year
- Encountering and experiencing the Lord each day this year
- Partnering in God’s work more passionately this year
Most people want to get closer to God, but simply do not resolve to make a resolution. So the most important thing you can do to impact your life in a dramatic way is to resolve to resolve!
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with Me.